Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meet Our Baby Girl

We have a big week ahead, and it all started with our 4D ultrasound!  Our little girl was being her usual, crazy wiggly self, so it was very hard to get a good look at her face.  She had one hand up by her eye almost the whole time, and then she decided to completely turn around and show us the back of her little bald head.  She was also very tightly curled up, so you can see her knee all the way up by her chin.  We did manage to get a few decent shots of her.  I think she's beautiful...








 This week, she's approximately 2.5 pounds and about the size of a butternut squash. 

On Thursday, we start birthing class, and this coming weekend is my first baby shower!  So much to look forward to and be thankful for. 

Baking

The cookie dough cheesecake bars were very interesting.  There's so much going on with this recipe that I could only eat a tiny bite.  I'm glad I attempted them, but they are pretty darn sweet.  Don't know if I'll attempt them again.


Pies have been on my mind a lot lately, so this week I'm going to try my hand at a peanut butter pie.  I found a yummy recipe on the blog Evil Chef Mom.  Looks pretty straight-forward, and check out how hers turned out.  I just have to try it!




New Things I'm Learning

Pregnancy is yet another way God is really stretching my faith.  Planning for the future, control, and fear are things I've discussed many times on this blog.  I have no idea how my pregnancy will continue to progress, what kind of labor I'll have, or how much (or little) this baby girl is going to sleep once she gets here.  I don't know if I'll be able to have any other children after she arrives.  I met with a great friend for dinner last week, and I was again reminded of the importance of giving up every day, every moment, to God continuously.  How important His truths are:

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

It is as if I need to tattoo this truth on my forehead so I see it all the time!  I am grateful for God's mercy as I stumble along, yet I know these experiences only make me more thankful that He's the one in control.

"Do no worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  Matthew 6: 31-33

Only 10ish more weeks until we meet this sweet girl!  Have a great week!

1 comment: