Friday, July 8, 2011

A Day in the Life of my Ribs

Do you know what it feels like to be poked in the ribs from the inside?  Bizarre.  This baby girl favors my right side, and more specifically, nestling under my ribs.  I've tried pushing on my belly to move her, but her response is to kick me back and stay right where she is.  I've looked up this phenomenon online, and there are HUNDREDS of forums dedicated to the topic.  Kinda feels like the side stitch you get when you go running, except it doesn't go away.  I'm trying yoga poses and stretches, but so far, she's there to stay.  It's obvious that she's a growing girl, and as uncomfortable as it might be, she makes me smile.  I think she has some of her mama's stubborn genes.

She's officially the size of an eggplant:



We've also made quite a bit of progress on her nursery.  It's looking more homey and girly - It makes me more and more excited to meet her!  My bearded cutie designed the wall art behind our glider and also made an appearance in the last pic. 





Baking:

We spent the 4th doing a variety of things, including visiting my dad.  He's a real trooper who had knee replacement surgery right before we left for Chicago.  Hopefully he won't mind me showing you his crazy knee.  WARNING: If you get queasy, scroll past this pic really fast!



We thought it would be nice to go cheer him up since his life is focused around healing and physical therapy right now.  We went swimming, which is absolutely glorious during pregnancy.  I think I'll be in the pool a lot more before Baby Elam arrives.

We ended the night watching this movie.  Fitting, don't you think?



The pie I mentioned last week was a hit!  Here's the picture we took, and no, I did not have any Coors.


It was really easy to make, and you could use other things besides berries (chocolate, anyone?) to top the cheesecake.  I highly recommend!

I picked up some of these at the store last week:


There are 2 recipes I'm looking at to make good use of them. 

Maple Toffee Shortbread - Recipe here



Toffee Bits Triangles - Recipe here


If you're ever in need of a recipe using toffee bits, the Hershey's website has a bunch!  Both of these recipes make a TON, so neighbors and coworkers, watch out!  They're coming your way!

Other News: 

Next week, I have the dreaded glucose testing.  I'm really ready to get it over with and am praying all goes well.  We have lots to look forward to over the next few months, including 2 baby showers thrown by my friends and family, our 3D ultrasound, and a maternity photo shoot!

I always said I wouldn't be cheesy and get maternity pictures taken.  However, I think pictures of this journey are a great way to document the miracle this baby girl is.  Our photographer will also take her newborn, 3, 6, 9, and 12 month pictures.  Check out her amazing work!

I'll leave you with one of my favorite Brooke Fraser songs:

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment