Friday, July 1, 2011

Baby Elam Visits Chicago



I'm seriously in shock that it's July.  June was so crazy busy it almost seems like it didn't happen!

We're just returning from a short trip to Chicago, and it will probably be the last trip we go on for quite some time!  We were trying to fit in some sort of vacation, knowing that life will be very different very soon.  Harlan happened to be going to Chicago for a work conference, so we decided to combine the two.  Here's a few highlights from our trip:

Millennium Park- Cloudgate (notice Harlan in the reflection, and my chubby cheeks from all that pizza)


Night Boat Architecture Tour and Fireworks



The Sears Tower


Chicago Stuffed Pizza


I think Baby Elam thoroughly enjoyed our culinary adventures.  I'm definitely a few pounds heavier, but thankfully Chicago is a walking city and I was able to get some exercise!

Here's a bump pic next to Sue the T-Rex at the Field Museum (Harlan made me take this embarrassing picture):



The third trimester is just 2 weeks away

Wow.  Somebody pinch me.   Everyone says I'll get used to being pregnant, the baby's kicks will become more routine.  Each time I feel her (and this baby girl is ACTIVE), I'm still in awe.  What an undeserved gift I've been given!

In a few weeks we're going to have a 3D Ultrasound, which will allow us to see our baby girl's face in a whole new way.  We've been on the fence about whether we want to see her features so clearly before she's born, but we've decided to go for it.  Stayed tuned for pictures!

A 4th of July Dessert

C'mon.  I can't resist holiday-themed desserts.  I found this awesome pie I plan to make in honor of July 4th.  

Unfortunately, Texas is experiencing a major drought, which means a ban on fireworks.  We've started a tradition of setting off fireworks since we bought our house, so it's a little sad not to be able to this year.  Maybe this dessert will keep us in the holiday spirit?

Berry Cheesecake Pie - Natalie's Killer Cuisine


I am really loving berries right now. Combining them with cheesecake and pie crust sounds perfect!  Check back next week to see how it turned out!

My husband is better than yours

Celebrating our anniversary was so special.  Harlan mentioned how hard our 5th year of marriage was, but I wouldn't change it for anything.  We watched our wedding ceremony video again - it's amazing how much more meaningful the pastor's words are after we've walked through some hard things together.  One thing's for sure:  He's going to be such a wonderful father.  Even writing this brings tears to my eyes!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment