Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello Third Trimester!

The dreaded glucose testing is finally over. I should find out in 3-5 days if I'm at risk for gestational diabetes.  Just in case you're wondering what I had to ingest after fasting for 12 hours, here it is.  A small coke bottle-sized orange-syrupy-yucky drink.  Gives me the heebie jeebies.



Great news, though.  Baby Girl Elam is head down!  She may still do some somersaults before her arrival, but most likely she'll always return to this position from now on.  We're one step closer to delivery, and I'm very thankful she's decided not to be a breech baby. 

Most importantly, we're officially in the third and final trimester!  Check out how the belly's growing:



Harlan and I were at the grocery store and came across some eggplants.  She's a little larger than an eggplant now, but I just had to take a picture!  Check out the guy in the background.  He's not sure why we're taking pictures of produce...


We start our birthing classes in a few weeks as well.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, I feel very strongly about having the most natural childbirth possible.  By that, I mean not much intervention by a doctor (unless necessary, of course) or any pain meds, including an epidural.  The class we're taking will really help us learn some practical ways to manage pain and help Harlan coach me through the process.  We have some great friends taking the same class with us, so it should be a lot of fun!

Baking:

Over the weekend, I realized I had some blueberries I need to use right away, so I threw together some Lemon Blueberry Scones based on this recipe.  Here's how mine turned out:



This week, I've decided to go all out and make COOKIE DOUGH CHEESECAKE BARS!  My Baking Addiction is one of my favorite baking blogs, and when I saw these, I just couldn't resist.   I'll make sure to include a picture of how they turn out next week.

And lastly, my apologies.  I meant to get a pictures of the Maple Toffee Shortbread I made, but it's all gone!  I guess that means the recipe's a keeper!

A Countdown?

I get emails from thebump.com.  It just told me I had 83 days left of my pregnancy.  Why is there a countdown?  Yikes!

3D Ultrasound and Harlan's beard pics coming up next week!

5 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful, Rachel! Are you doing the Bradley Method? We are still really good friends with the people we met in our Hypnobirthing class. Wishing you a beautiful birth (it really can be)! Let me know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone! Lindsey, all the Bradley classes were full, but it was recommended we take Birth by Nature with Chan McDermott. OBGYN North and all the midwives speak really highly of her!

    ReplyDelete