Friday, May 13, 2011

Stop it, Pampers

Okay, I admit it.  I've DVR'd a few epidsodes of TLC's A Baby Story.  I'm in the baby business.  I've been a birth coach, and I've seen lots and lots of births on video.  It never gets old seeing a baby born.  However, now when I see a birth, I just cry and cry.  Crazy hormones!

Pampers made a commercial that comes on during A Baby Story.  DVRing (not sure that's a word) the show means I don't have to watch them, but this one gets me every time.  Nice job, Pampers.  Stop making a hormonal pregnant lady cry, please.

 

And now, on to our Powder Blue nursery

Yes, you read right.  Our baby girl's nursery is blue.  You see, we were going for light gray.  We tried several different sample shades before finally deciding on the color.  However, once we really got it on the walls, it just looked blue.  At that point, it was too late.  We're hoping it will look fantastic once the trees and pink accents are in the room. 


And speaking of trees, they're here!  I showed you a picture of our dream nursery last week.  We found out the trees in the picture were actually vinyl decals, not a painted mural.  If we ever get sick of them, we can easily take them down - sounded like a win-win for us!

They look a little complicated though....


My first child, Lucy the dachshund, decided to make a guest appearance in this shot.  Wish us luck.  I'll post an "after" picture once they're up on the wall!

On the Baking Menu

Cobbler.  My father-in-law loves cobbler.  Harlan's parents are coming for a visit this weekend, so I thought I'd make cobbler for the occasion.  Harlan isn't a fan of peaches, so I think I'm going to make blackberry cobbler.  Here are a few recipes I'm considering:


Betty Crocker - Always a contender



The ever helpful Allrecipes


Can't wait to dive into a piece with some vanilla ice cream.  Yum!

Next week, we're half way there!

Eek! We have our officially 20 week anatomy scan next week to double confirm we're indeed having a girl.  Stay tuned for a 20 week belly pic and hopefully a picture of our sweet little girl.  



1 comment: