Friday, May 27, 2011

Bigger Bump and Baking

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  This is one of the only free weekends the hubby and I have for a long time, so we're going to try and soak it up!

I promised a belly shot last week, so here it is!  Definitely growing, growing.


She has been kicking up a storm lately, but she's very shy around Harlan.  This week, he was finally able to feel her kick.  It was a precious moment I wasn't sure I'd ever get to experience.  We both already love this little girl so much!

Last week, I also shared with you 2 banana recipes.  I ended up going with the tongue twister:  Brown Butter Banana Bundt.  The bundt cake itself was really moist, but it mostly tasted like banana bread.  It was the brown butter icing that took it over the top.  If you've never made anything using browned butter, you must try it.  Absolutely delicious.


I think I've mentioned one of my favorite new blogs, Sweetapolita.  Everything she makes is so darn cute.  One of these days I'm going to have time to make one of her creations.  Maybe for our 6 year wedding anniversary, coming up in a few weeks!  Sweetapolita often refers to other blogs in her posts, which has opened up even more baking blogs and potential recipes.  I'm in heaven! 


For a staff member's birthday, I decided to make a few breakfast treats.  I wanted both sweet and savory, so here's what I decided on:

Mini Vegetarian & Bacon Quiches - Allrecipes

My coworker is a vegetarian, so half of them were cheese, green onion, and mushroom.  The others were yummy bacon.  They are really easy to make and just the perfect serving size.  Highly recommend for your next fancy breakfast!

Chocolate Chip Espresso Scones - Piece of Cake

Piece of Cake is one of the new blogs I discovered, and I couldn't pass up chocolate, espresso, and scones all in one.  These came together so quickly, and I got to use my KitchenAid mixer, which I don't always pull out for quick baking projects.  These turned out really yummy.  Sometimes you can't taste the coffee flavor when recipes call for it, but it definitely comes through with these.  Great with a cup of coffee (decaf for you preggos, including me).




And If I Had A Million Dollars

I would get a few of these things:







Oh, my.  That's just the tip of the iceberg...

A reflection from this week: 

"Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion, 

who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."

-Psalm 103:2-5


Have a safe weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Glad she is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy soon-to-be anniversary to u and ur husband! I ♥ that passage u picked from Psalms =) Also, congrats on ur baby girl. I read all about ur infertility, and this truly is a blessing/miracle for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete