Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Waiting Game




Infertility: Today marks one week until I take my pregnancy test.  Oh my gracious...it is a lot harder to wait than I expected!  One of my favorite passages in the Bible has provided so much comfort this week: "Because of the Lord's great love for us we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion"; therefore I will wait for Him." Lamentations 3:22-24. 

Waiting is a big part of the infertility journey.  Especially when others around you are expecting, each passing day can be a reminder than you can't share in this miracle of life.  As you wait, doubts begin to creep in...the procedure didn't work, I don't feel pregnant, I'll never have a family of my own.  However, here's what God has to say: “But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” Isaiah 40:31



Baking:  Sorry, no picture of what I baked from last week.  I ended up making Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares, and they were a huge hit.  This week, I cannot resist making these from one of my favorite blogs, Smitten Kitchen

Buckeyes


Yield: 36 to 42 tablespoon-sized candies
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth, but you can use chunky if you are looking for more texture)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 14 graham crackers)
Salt (optional, see note up top)
3 cups confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks or 5 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
12 ounces dark chocolate (60 to 72%), coarsely chopped

You can check out how to make them here.  Delicious!


In Other News:

My hunky husband will be writing a guest post soon.  Isn't he precious?  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment