Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Test Results

Infertility: We are not pregnant.  Thanks for committing to pray with us.  It's hard for me to express how I'm feeling, so I think this will do...

Baking: Oh, Buckeyes.  These.Are.Deadly.  I challenge you to eat just one.  Go ahead, try it.  So easy to make, too.  Highly Recommended.

Here are a few pics of them, for your viewing pleasure: 





Adoption:   In need of Christmas gift ideas?  Why not give family and friends meaningful gifts with purpose behind them?  There are a lot of great organizations that help promote fair, living wages for international families or even assist in funding adoptions.  There are tons out there, but here are a few I recommend:

Noonday Collection 
Just Love Coffee - Spies Family
One Mango Tree
Help Haiti - Aaron Ivey  

Harlan and I can't tell you how much we have appreciated the outpouring of support.  Daily I'm humbled by the number of visits to our blog.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!  Guest post by Harlan comin' up next!



4 comments:

  1. oh, Rachel, I'm so sorry. I can't help but cry for you this morning. You know as I was praying for you these past few weeks, I felt a new hope arise in me and truly I believe the Lord will give you a a child. I know that you probably don't want to try anymore, but I want and pray for you that you will test the power of God to work out a miracle in you. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever hope or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations (including the one you two will start) forever and ever amen." Eph. 3:20, 21

    May the Lord empower you with hope that overwhelms you with the desire to persevere. May he grant you joy and comfort you in sadness. May the Creator of heaven and earth, create in you new life. Then when he has let him say that it is good and rest in what he has made in you and made of you as you have waited on him.
    ...I have this treasure in a jar of clay...all your glory on display...he has made me a dwelling place

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect song and what an awesome truth, "Oh, how He loves us so!" May the depth of God's love for you overwhelm you this day and all the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to lift you up to Jesus the One and Only, Healer of our souls, and the One who binds up the wounds of the broken hearted. He already knows the name of that fortunate little one that will find his or her way into the arms, hearts and home of the beautiful Elam fam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet rachel. thank you so much for your writing about your journey so honestly. i am so sorry you didnt get the results you were hoping for. doug and i will be praying for you elams. love!

    ReplyDelete