Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Remember & One Week to Go!



"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea..." Psalm 46

 This reminds me of one of my favorite Brooke Fraser songs (Listen to it here). Such truth in those lyrics.

Thanks again to my beautiful sister-in-law, I'm reading a great new book - Deeper Kind of Calm - Steadfast Faith in the Midst of Adversity by Linda Dillow.  Trial takes each of us to our own Valley of Weeping, whether it be because of infertility, miscarriage, death, or financial crisis.  How do you keep from losing your faith (and your sanity)?  Dillow says this: "God has shown me that in my pain He wants to give me a blessing.  With the Psalmist

I remember
I hide
I cling
I journey
AND
my Valley of Weeping becomes
a Place of Blessing"

This week, I'm focusing on the 'I Remember' part.  It means making a conscious choice to call to mind all that God has done and is doing.   It's very easy to be thankful when all is going well.  It is much different when your heart is breaking.  By remembering, it takes the focus off the trouble and brings the TRUTH back in an amazing way.  God has been incredibly good, I am immensely blessed, and that is the truth I choose to lean on!

On December 16th, just one week from now, we find out if our latest IUI worked.  Thank you all for continuing to lift us up in prayer.  We hope it will be a very Merry Christmas this year! 

*The picture was taken on our 4th anniversary trip to Playa Del Carmen.  Maroma Beach is breathtaking and it was so peaceful to sit and watch the waves...

No comments:

Post a Comment