Sunday, October 24, 2010

Humbled

Wow.  There have been over 150 visits to my blog in less than 24 hours.  I've heard from many who have been silently struggling through infertility.   I'm discovering it's much more common than we think, and we need to talk about it more!  I'm humbled by the many thoughtful words of encouragement and know it's all for God's glory!  Thanks for journeying with us!  

As promised, I'm including a photo from my baking expedition yesterday.  A couple of things to note:

-Holy cow, this recipe makes a whole lot of cookies.  Great for a big party.
-I left out the nuts and dates.  Gross. 
-The icing hardens super fast.  I had to add milk halfway through; otherwise, it's pretty hard to spread.  

The verdict:  It's a keeper.  These are delicious.  Anything with Crisco and a stick of butter is yummy.

1 comment:

  1. I found the basis for your blog touching...I do not struggle with infertility, but think it's such an amazing thing that you would be willing to be this transparent to share some hope with others. =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete