Monday, May 21, 2012

Letting Go


Harper Grayce is 7 months old.  I'm still in shock at the rapid pace in which we seem to be running through life right now.  I can't seem to keep this girl a baby.  Here's what Harper can do now:


-Say "momma" and "dada".  It melts my heart.  She's really loud when she talks, and she likes to converse pretty much all day.  Such a girl, right?


-Drink water from a sippy cup.  She loves that cup!




-Eat a wide range of foods.  She hates peas and avacado.  A lot.




-Plank.  She's really close to crawling, and she does this all the time:




Harper was dedicated at church on Mother's Day, which was a really special day for our us.  We were able to stand in front of our church family, as well as our own families, and ask for help in raising our little girl.  It was surreal to publicly give her to back to God.  We know we can never raise this precious one without His help!






Letting Go


I have such a hard time letting go, blog world.  Read my blog, and you'll see.  I have made a commitment to completely wean from pumping by the time Harper's 8 months, and that's literally just a week away.  Pumping has allowed Harper to become such a healthy girl, and it has been so special to provide this food for her, as hard as it has been on me.  I still haven't slept more than 5 hours at a stretch since Harper was born.  My body is very tired.


If I'm really honest, weaning also means coming face to face with reality again.  When the milk dries up, I may come face to face with my infertility.  Will my PCOS rear it's ugly head again?  I just don't know that I'm ready to find out.  I'm so very scared.


All my wants, all my fears, have been rising to the surface.  I want Harper to have a sibling.  I want to be able to have more children.  I want to be normal.


Then, I look at Harper Grayce.  This active, happy, chunky girl in my arms with the most gorgeous blue eyes.  My miracle.






God is faithful.  God is faithful.  God is faithful.  I repeat it every day.  He has never left my side, and He has provided good things.  I hear Him ask me: "Rachel, am I enough for you?  Will you trust me?"


Oh, God.  You are all I need.  So...I'm letting go.  Stepping off the edge of the cliff.  Let the adventure begin.  


Phillipians 4:6-7 (The Message) "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

5 comments:

  1. Such a poignant post, Rachel. God has built something wonderful into your life in teaching you to trust Him and let go! I believe that even greater blessings await you.
    "May the Lord richly bless both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 115:14, 15

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so good, Rachel. Thank you for sharing; trusting God with children is difficult! Great truths to remember.

    And Harper is hilariously cute. Does that even make sense? I just couldn't stop ooh-ing and laughing at all her pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering about you and how you're doing....
    I weaned from pumping 4 days shy of my little guy's 11 month-day.

    I cried.
    Hope you had an easy weaning process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aubrey! There have been tears for sure! I'm still slowly weaning - it's been difficult because I think I've been overproducing all along, so I'm having to go super slow...

    I'm down to 4 pumps/day, and I'm still making the same amount of milk as I was when I was pumping 7 times. Makes me wonder if I could have been pumping so much less! You never know, and I feared I would lose my supply.

    So amazed you made it 11 months. That is an outstanding accomplishment. What a gift you've given your little guy.

    It must be nice not having to look at a pump anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so nice not to have to pump - especially before church!! Yay!!
      I can't believe how much you're producing. Wow!

      You can take the real sudafed (the kind behind the counter) and the antihistamine will help you to produce way less.

      Good Luck!

      Delete